A bank employee reported a party was writing checks on a closed account to Merrill businesses. Investigation continues.
At 7:16 p.m. a hotel employee reported a man came into the hotel with food he purchased from elsewhere. He was not a guest and used the microwave to heat his food and began digging through other drawers. When the employee told the man he needed to leave, he refused. Officers located the man and informed him the business was banning him from their property.

At 10:46 a.m. a hotel reported they found marijuana left in a room from the previous guest.
At 7:46 p.m. an officer located a dog at large. The dog’s owners were identified and the dog was returned home.

At 9:37 p.m. officers received information that a male subject with multiple warrants from Lincoln and Marathon Counties was at a residence. Contact was made at the residence and it was confirmed that the male was present. The male subject was taken into custody for his multiple warrants.

At 3:21 a.m. officers were dispatched to a local hotel for a report of a suspicious male. Officers made contact with the male subject who admitted that he had a vape on him that he uses to smoke methamphetamine. The male subject was also found to be in possession of 5.1 grams of methamphetamine. The male subject was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a probation hold.
At 9:47 a.m. an officer took a report of a window at a building that had been damaged.
At 1:31 p.m. officers were requested by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Probation and Parole to take a male subject into custody on a probation hold. The male subject was taken into custody and transported to the jail.

At approximately 10:40 a.m. officers were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash that occurred on Cty. Rd. K on the south side of the City of Merrill jurisdiction. Officers and paramedics arrived on scene; the driver had been ejected from the vehicle and was in critical condition. The driver was transported to Aspirus Wausau Hospital, and the crash is still under investigation.

At approximately 3:26 p.m. officers and the Merrill Fire Department responded to a residence in the 600 block of E. 1st street for a fire. Officers were able to extinguish the fire using fire extinguishers. The homeowner advised that the fire may have started from a cigarette butt that was thrown away.

At 9:24 a.m. Connecticut State Police requested a Merrill officer assist them in locating the owner of a vehicle abandoned in their state. A family member was found to be in that state for military duty.
At 12:59 p.m. a caller reported a male had thrown a can of spray paint at his vehicle when he drove past him. The male was cited for disorderly conduct after it was determined no damage was caused by the can.
At 1:30 p.m. a student reported money stolen from her bag, as well as another student’s bag, while participating in a school event. Investigation is ongoing.
At 5:04 p.m. a caller reported someone had struck her vehicle while parked in a business parking lot and left the scene without reporting the incident.
At 9:11 p.m. a store reported a male shoplifting from their store. Surveillance video was obtained and the officer will be attempting to identify the suspect depicted in the video.

At 12:29 a.m. a caller reported the theft of a duffel bag and suitcase that was left near a park. It was found the items had been turned in to the police department earlier the previous morning after a citizen found them. The items were returned to the owner.
At 2:26 a.m. a caller reported a male had walked into her residence. The man was looking for his friend’s residence and had seemingly entered the wrong address. The man then left and went to a neighbor’s. Officers were unable to locate the man at the time but will follow-up with his friend to speak to him further.
At 9:54 p.m. a caller reported he had received information that his mother was at a tavern and possibly involved in a disturbance. It was found the man’s mother was intoxicated and had a verbal disagreement with two other female patrons which led to vulgar name-calling. The mother agreed to a ride home from an officer after it was determined no crime was committed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top