Embrace winter outdoors
From sledding, cross-country skiing to snow snowshoeing, winter weather brings opportunities for any number of fun outdoor activities.
Head outdoors to explore a new part of the state by planning a “Winter Day Trip”. Or, bundle up and find your adventure in Wisconsin’s northern peninsula with these “Three Ways to Explore Door County in Winter.”
Plan your winter outdoors with these helpful resources:
- Find a Park: Search state parks by available activities including sledding, cross-country skiing and winter camping.
- Rental equipment: Some Wisconsin state parks offer snowshoes for rent in winter, in partnership with Friends Groups and private concessionaires.
- Adaptive equipment: Cross-country sit skis are available at select state parks and other properties.
- Candlelight events: Many state parks and forests plan candlelight hikes and ski events in winter. Search the DNR events calendar for listings and updates.
- Ski trail conditions: Find the latest information on trail conditions and grooming reports for state parks throughout Wisconsin.