City announces reopening of offices, buildings; status of other buildings
As previously reported by the Merrill Foto News, Merrill City Hall re-opened as of Tuesday, May 26, to foot traffic. All payments will again be accepted at the Clerk/Treasurer’s service window. Visitors are asked to conduct their business and leave the building as quickly as possible.
Below is additional information released by the city regarding meetings, status changes of some buildings and facilities, as well as the re-opening of others:
• All scheduled City Hall Board, Commission, and Committee meetings will be in-person meetings beginning May 26 with social distancing adhered to.
• Municipal Court will resume operation on June 8.
• The Merrill-Go-Round will resume limited service with 2 buses rather than 3 on May 26.
• On May 26 the Smith Center offices will open and people can resume walking in the arena. Based on the recommendation of the County Health Director we will not officially open the playgrounds and not rent the park shelters until a later date when guidelines allow, athletic fields will not be open for youth sports until a later date when guidelines allow, and the Summer Playground Program is cancelled for the summer of 2020.
• The Enrichment Center will resume limited services and slowly ramp up programs beginning on May 26. At the present time it is the recommendation of the County Health Director that use of the Expo Hall for classes and programs be restricted to 50 people or less, and that the number of people allowed to use the facility be no more than 25% of design capacity with social distancing adhered to. Check the MEC website for program availability.
• Based on the recommendation of the County Health Director the Expo Hall will not be rented for events until a later date when guidelines allow.
• The Library is still working on their re-opening plan and will continue with curb-side services. When foot traffic is again allowed in the library it will be on a limited basis. Check the Library website for service and program availability.
• Fire Department access is restricted at this time.
• In all City facilities everyone is asked to respect social distancing and we are recommending visitors wear face masks.
• Best practices for sanitizing work areas will be adhered to.