Lincoln County cooling centers named
BY TINA L. SCOTT
The Lincoln County Health Department (LCHD) released the 2023 list of cooling centers for Lincoln County.
“Summer is finally here!” a press release from LCHD said. “While many people look forward to the warmer temperatures, it’s important to remember that hot conditions can turn dangerous quickly and pose a risk to health and safety, especially for infants and children, older adults, and individuals with certain medical and chronic conditions.”
“Lincoln County is fortunate to have designated cooling centers,” the release said. “A cooling center is an air-conditioned facility where Lincoln County residents are invited to get relief from extreme heat during business hours.”
The list of cooling centers in Lincoln County for 2023, with business hours, includes:
- Gleason Bowling Center, N4878 Hwy 17, Gleason
Monday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m.; Wednesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.—2 a.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Les & Jim’s Lincoln Lanes, 1208 N. Center Ave., Merrill
Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-9p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday, 3 p.m.-11p.m.
- Merrill Enrichment Center, 303 N. Sales St., Merrill
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Riverside Athletic Club, 500 S. Center Ave., Merrill
Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Smith Multi-Purpose Center (MARC), 1100 Marc Dr., Merrill
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4p.m.
- T.B. Scott Free Library, 106 W. First St., Merrill
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tomahawk City Hall, 23 N. 2nd St., Tomahawk
Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Tomahawk Public Library, 300 W. Lincoln Ave., Tomahawk
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tomahawk Senior Center, 113 S. Tomahawk Ave., Tomahawk
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wal-Mart, 505 S. Pine Ridge Ave., Merrill
Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-11 p.m.