WVC announces spectator guidelines for 2020-21 Winter Sports season
On Friday, Nov. 20, the Wisconsin Valley Conference (WVC) announced the following guidelines for spectators during the 2020-21 Winter Sports season.
The Wisconsin Valley Conference developed these guidelines and parameters to aid each school in providing consistent guidelines and expectations for the Winter 2020-21 Athletic Seasons. These guidelines were shared with our local health departments and with the understanding for social distancing, masking, and facility capacities.
Spectators should monitor their own health and if they have these symptoms, should not attend the event on a given day:
• Temperature- if a person has a temperature of 100.4 or greater, they should not attend
• Shortness of Breath
• Difficulty Breathing
• New loss of taste
* New loss of smell
Or at least two of the following:
• Body Aches
• Sore Throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
* Note-Close contact; or care for someone with COVID-19:
Any person with symptoms of respiratory illness should not be allowed to take part in workouts until they are free of fever and respiratory symptoms for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine AND ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared. They should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professional for guidance.
A record should be kept of all individuals present.
Individuals who are considered a high risk should refrain from participating at this time.
• Face Coverings—Wear a cloth mask/buff/gaiter to reduce spread of your aerosol to others (the mask captures some of your aerosol and reduces transmission to other people).
• Face Coverings are required for all spectators for all events where spectators are able to attend. Spectators should always sit with members of their household and maintain social distancing. A violation of the current governor order would not bring any criminal penalties but could result in a $200 fine.
• General Admission Tickets will not be available for the Winter 2020-21. Wisconsin Valley Conference Spectator Maximums per sport will be restricted to two (2) family members of players, and to HOME spectators ONLY (each conference school will work to stream as many events as possible),
• Hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes-Spectators are encouraged to provide their own hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and/or sanitizing wipes. Everyone is encouraged to sanitize their hands upon arrival and immediately after our events. Additionally, the district will have hand sanitizer available for home contests.
• Concessions will not be available at Wisconsin Valley Conference Events for the 2020-21 Winter Season. Please no carry-ins except regular clear water bottles.
• Restrooms-Spectators are encouraged to utilize personal hygiene needs prior to arrival and minimize the use of district restroom facilities.