DWD: Vets Ready Employer Initiative Award announcements
MADISON- On Veteran’s Day (Wednesday, Nov. 11) the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced the winners of the Vets Ready Initiative, a new employer recognition initiative highlighting employers who go above and beyond to support veterans and their families that was launcher earlier this year.
DWD is partnering with the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), Wisconsin Department of Disabled American Veterans, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), and the Veterans Chamber of Commerce to recognize six employers in this new initiative.
These six employers have been officially deemed as “Vets Ready” and are being recognized for demonstrating their commitment to hiring veterans, supporting their veteran workforce, and connecting with the veteran community:
• 4imprint, Inc. – Gold Level Award
• Associated Bank – Gold Level Award
• Rockwell Automation – Silver Level Award
• TDS Telecom – Gold Level Award
• WEC Energy Group – Gold Level Award
• Xcel Energy – Gold Level Award
These employers will be promoted by DWD staff to veteran job seekers and community partners through WiscJobsforVets.com.
Employers will also be:
• Highlighted as a Vets Ready employer on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com;
• Recognized with a special icon on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com to indicate the employer’s Vets Ready status to all individuals seeking employment – veterans, active service members, and military spouses seeking employment will be able to identify which employers are Vets Ready on the website;
• Receive a Vets Ready Winner emblem to include on the company’s website;
• Window cling and certificate to showcase the award; and
• Be promoted by DWD Job Center staff, Veterans Employment Services staff, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) staff, veteran agencies and organizations, and workforce partners.
• WEDC and DWD will also be promoting these employers at Military Transition Summits. These military outreach events allow employers to connect with transitioning service members.
“DWD is proud to shine a light on employers who go out of their way to hire and support the Wisconsin veteran community,” said DWD Deputy Secretary Robert Cherry. “Each of the Vets Ready employers demonstrate an exemplary commitment to support those who serve.”
“Veterans have the tools and training that make them excellent employees.” WDVA Secretary Mary Kolar said. “We applaud each of these businesses in their commitment to hiring veterans as they embark on and progress through their civilian careers.”
The application window for the next recognition cycle opens in January 2021 at WiscJobsforVets.com, and it is free to apply.
To learn more, please go to http://wisconsinjobcenter.org/veterans/vetsready.htm.