WVC announces spectator guidelines for fall sports season
The Wisconsin Valley Conference has developed the following guidelines and parameters to aid each school in providing consistent guidelines and expectations for the Fall 2020 Athletic Seasons. These guidelines were shared with our local health departments and with the understanding for social distancing, masking, and facility capacities.
According to MAPS Athletic Director John Miller, the following guidelines will also be adopted for Great Northern Conference football competition at Jay Stadium.
Spectators should monitor their own health and if they have these symptoms, should not attend the event on a given day:
• Temperature- If a person has a temperature of 100.4 or greater, they should not attend
• Shortness of Breath
• Difficulty Breathing
• New loss of taste
• New loss of smell
Or at least two of the following:
• Body Aches
• Sore Throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
*Note- Close contact; or care for someone with COVID-19-
Any person with symptoms of respiratory illness should not be allowed to take part in workouts until they are free of fever and respiratory symptoms for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine AND ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared. They should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professional for guidance.
A record should be kept of all individuals present.
Individuals who are considered a high risk should refrain from participating at this time.
• Face Coverings: Wear a cloth mask/buff/gaiter to reduce spread of your aerosol to others (the mask captures some of your aerosol and reduces transmission to other people).
• Face Coverings are required for all spectators for all events where spectators are able to attend. Spectators should always sit with members of their household and maintain social distancing. A violation of the current governor order would not bring any criminal penalties but could result in a $200 fine.
• General Admission Tickets will not be available for the Fall 2020 athletic season. Wisconsin Valley Conference Spectator Maximums per sport will be restricted to family members of players (each conference school will work to stream as many events as possible):
Sport Spectator Maximum per Athlete Arrive Times no sooner than-
(Ticketed event games will not be open prior to this time frame)
Cross Country 4 30 minutes prior to event
Cheer/Dance 4 30 minutes prior to event
Football 4 45 minutes prior to event
Boys Soccer 4 30 minutes prior to event
Girls Swimming No Spectators allowed N/A
Girls Tennis 2 30 minutes prior to event
Volleyball 2 30 minutes prior to event
• Hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes – Spectators are encouraged to provide their own hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and/or sanitizing wipes. Everyone is encouraged to sanitize their hands upon arrival and immediately after our events. Additionally, the district will have hand sanitizer available for home contests.
• Concessions will not be available at Wisconsin Valley Conference/Valley Football Association Events for the 2020 Fall Season. Please no carry-ins except regular clear water bottle.
• Restrooms— Spectators are encouraged to utilize personal hygiene needs prior to arrival and minimize the use of district restroom facilities.