Changes announced for local Farmer’s Market
As a result of recent restrictions ordered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Merrill Farmers Market has announced some changes.
“This is a fluid situation, but as things stand right now, the market plans to open on Saturday, June 13, and be open from 7:30 a.m to 12:30 p,m, on Wednesdays and Saturdays at Normal Park on Center Avenue,” explains market manager Susan Hass.
There will be no Monday afternoon market this year.
The following regulations are regulations set by the state, and not subject to change unless directed by the state:
• No sampling of any kind. Please do not bring food to the market.
• No animals of any kind will be allowed at the market, so you may not bring your dogs, or any other animals. (We will miss our furry buddies)
• You must wash your hands at the washing stations near the entrance to the market before coming in.
• You may not touch any produce or other items for sale. Please point to what you would like to purchase and the vendor will take your money (with gloved hands) and give you your items and change.
• You are strongly encouraged to bring cash, in small bills, as making change will only put everyone at more risk. (No bills over $20 please?)
• Please do NOT bring used grocery bags, or reusable totes as we may only put your purchases in new, unused bags.
• All vendors must have hand sanitzer available on their tables and you are strongly encouraged to use it.
• Unless the quarantine has been lifted, please wear a face mask, if at all possible. You will be required to stand at least three feet away from the produce/products and the vendor. There will be barrier tables between you and the products for sale to maintain That three-foot distance.
• At this time only produce; fruit, herb or vegetable plants, baked goods and approved canned goods may be sold at the market, so there will be NO arts, crafts or other non-food items for sale.
• Please remember to practice social distancing. We will be placing our vendors farther apart to help facilitate this.
• Restrooms will not be open as of this printing. So, plan accordingly please. The children’s park is also closed as of this time.
For up to date vendor information, or to receive an application, please call Susan Hass, Market Manager, at 715-536-7364, or email: email@example.com.
In spite of the restrictions we plan to have a full and vibrant market and look forward to seeing both prior and new customers this season. Please take care of yourselves and we will see you at the Merrill Area Farmers Market soon!