Downtown Mission Church announces organizations available to help families in need during COVID-19
• Community Food Pantry https://merrillfoodpantry.com/ 503 S. Center Avenue Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 536-4505 Emergency Request: (715) 212-1190 Monday – Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. – Noon Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – Noon, and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Providing supplemental food on a monthly basis to those in need in the Merrill area, falling at or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. During the COVID-19 pandemic weekly income is an acceptable measure. Guests show an ID and self-declare eligibility each time they obtain food. Food can be ordered by phone by calling 715-536-4505 or 715-539-2666 for pick up or delivery. Accepting financial donations
• His Hands Extended Food Pantry New Testament Church N2519 Highway K Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 536-8554 Open Tuesday and Thursday 12:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. by appointment only. Open Hearts Food Pantry Trinity Lutheran Church 107 N. State Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 536-5482 Wednesday and Friday, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• St. Vincent de Paul Outreach Office https://stvincentdepaulmerrill.com/outreach-services/ 503 S. Center Avenue, Suite 2 Merrill WI 54452 (715) 539-2666 Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm. Providing short-term emergency financial needs of individuals seeking services. The Outreach Office works hand-in-hand with local agencies referring to their services as needed. Please call the office with your requests. Accepting financial donations
• Merrill Community Homeless Center (MAC Home) https://machomemerrillwi.com/ 407 W. Main Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 722-1200 Warming shelter open 24 hours Provides safe housing and basic needs to families and individuals who are experiencing homelessness. Food, shower facilities, and laundry facilities are offered through the warming shelter. MAC Home is also a 24-hour site for emergency bags from the Community Food Pantry.
Donations accepted: Items include cleaning supplies and paper products. Financial donations are accepted as well.
• Merrill Area Public Schools – Meal Service Merrill High School 1201 N. Sales Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 536-4594 Monday and Wednesday 8am-11am Meals can be picked up for the students in your household on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8am-11am at MHS Door 23. Meals picked up on Monday will include breakfasts and lunches for Monday and Tuesday. Meals picked up on Wednesday will include breakfasts and lunches for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The requirements of meal pick up do not allow for families to pick up meals for anybody outside of their household.
Food for Kids http://www.foodforkidsmerrill.org/ St. Stephens United Church of Christ 903 E. Second Street Merrill, WI (715) 536-7322 Fridays 3-5pm Food For Kids provides food for the weekend, for kids who might otherwise go without. Volunteers from area churches pack the bags each week.
Donations accepted: Items include individual applesauce, fruit cups, puddings, granola bars, and individual goldfish crackers. Financial donations are accepted as well. Donations can be dropped off at St. Stephens and checks payable to “Food for Kids”
• Meals for Merrill Downtown Mission Church 805 E. Main Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 539-6216 Delivery by appointment only Initially created to provide food for students prior to the MAPS program that was organized March 23rd, the project has expanded to include any individual or family facing financial hardship and unable to travel. Delivering blessing bags of food, toiletries, and other urgent supplies. Requests for delivery can be made by calling or texting Downtown Mission Church at 715-539-6216. Also accepting financial donations through Facebook fundraiser https://www.facebook.com/donate/1451499361701051/.
• Comfort and Care Project AmericInn 3300 E. Main Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 536-7979 Merrill Housing Authority 701 E. First Street Merrill, WI 54452 (715) 722-1081 Organized by AmericInn together with Merrill Area Housing Authority (MAHA). Offering resources for elderly and shut-in citizens. Distributions are made by MAHA. Requests for assistance can be made by calling Merrill Area Housing Authority at 715-722-1081
Donations accepted: Items include toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, non-perishable food, depends, shower soap, shampoo and toothpaste. Financial donations are accepted as well. Donations can be dropped off 24 hours a day at AmericInn.