City to expand trash disposal for households
Saturday afternoon, the City of Merrill announced an increase in the number of bags of garbage allowed per household from 2 bags to 3 bags at no additional charge to citizens, for the duration of the Emergency Declaration.
According to a social media post by city staff, convenience fees for online credit card payments will also be waived temporarily.
“By order of Mayor Woellner, we are waiving the “convenience fee” for online credit card payments to encourage more online rather than in-person transactions. This waiver of the credit card convenience fee will not apply to payments made at city hall. Tax payments may not be made with credit cards.”
From the State of Wisconsin
• Wisconsin DHS urges people to use tele-health appointments when possible to mitigate the spread of the virus to health care workers and others.
• DHS advised that the number of COVID-19 testing specimens being received far exceeds its daily capacity.
• Governor Evers stated he does not anticipate a “shelter in place” order for Wisconsin.
• Wisconsin Election Commission WEC staff is directed to develop best practices related to minimizing potential viral transmission during election processes.
• Voters are urged to utilize absentee voting options.
• Emergency Order 8 has been revised effective Friday March 20 at 5:00pm requiring the closure of hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, day spas, tattoo parlors, body art establishments, and tanning facilities.