Work on Three Arch Bridge set to begin Monday
Work on the Highway 64 bridge crossing the Prairie River, commonly known as the Three Arch Bridge, is scheduled to begin on Monday, according to a press release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT).
Norcon Corporation is the prime contractor for the $661,594.75 project.
Crews will raise the northeast and southwest wings of the bridge between Parkway drive and Polk street, install heavy riprap, make improvements to the stone wall, and replace sidewalk, asphaltic pavement, and curb and gutter that was removed during wing wall raising.
The construction will be completed in two phases:
Stage 1: westbound traffic will be reduced to 11 feet
Stage 2: eastbound traffic will be reduced to 11 feet.
There will be no detours.
Construction is scheduled for completion by July 2019. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress. Federal transportation funds will pay for 80 percent of the improvements; state transportation funds will pay for the remaining 20 percent.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s North Central region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTNorthCent
- Visit the region’s 511 website: http://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/
Motorists are reminded that using handheld cell phones in Wisconsin work zones is illegal. Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.