Merrill School Forest Family Fun Day Jan. 26
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., families will have a chance to enjoy the great outdoors and try different winter activities at the Merrill School Forest. There will be free equipment rentals, no admission fee, and free food.
• Historic logging demonstration with live horses and horse drawn sleigh
• “Wildlife Ecology and Management in Wisconsin” (Presented by Christian W. Cold, Wildlife Technician/Educator – Bureau of Wildlife Management – Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources) This presentation is with live animals
• Cross Country Skiing (Last departure time at 2 p.m.)
• Campfire – Roast a marshmallow or two
• Tour the Animal Museum, and Wisconsin Logging History museum
• Tour the Cordwood Education Center and meet the architects
Snacks will be available in the main lodge.
This event is sponsored by Merrill Area Public Schools and the “Friends of the Forest.”
All activities are weather dependent.
The MAPS School Forest is located on Hwy. 107 (10 miles north of Merrill) across from New Wood County Park. Cell phones rarely work at the forest. The lodge phone number is 715-536-8248.
Parking at the forest is limited. Additional parking is available across the road at New Wood County Park.
Updates and/or cancellations will be posted on the “Merrill School Forest” Facebook page.