Lincoln County Fair Entry Forms due Mid-July
4-H members are busy working on their 4-H projects and preparing their exhibits for this year’s Lincoln County Fair, August 15th to the 19th. This is the 130th Lincoln County Fair. Since 1920, when the first 4-H club was organized in Lincoln County, 4-H’ers in Lincoln County have been exhibiting their 4-H project work at the Lincoln County Fair.
Exhibiting at the Lincoln County Fair is one of many learning experiences that contribute to the positive development of a young person in 4-H and Extension youth programs. Through the fair judging experience youth learn, recognize their accomplishments (effort and successes), evaluate their efforts, and are guided through a process to consider what they might learn next. Participation in the fair helps youth build important life skills they can use the rest of their lives. Some of these skills and assets include: getting along with others, communication skills, decision-making, feeling valued by the community and taking an active role in their community.
In addition to 4-H’ers, youth from other recognized youth groups in Lincoln County are invited to exhibit in the Junior Division at the fair. All residents of Lincoln County are encouraged to exhibit in the Open Division. So, if you enjoy baking, sewing, gardening, woodworking, collecting antiques or any other hobby, show off your work at this year’s Lincoln County Fair by entering an exhibit.
Individuals interested in exhibiting at the 2018 Lincoln County Fair must submit their fair entry form by July 15th (no exceptions to this deadline). The following is the 2018 Lincoln County Fair Entry Process per the Lincoln County Fair Association:
1) The 2018 Fair Exhibitor’s Handbook is available online at the Lincoln County Fair website (www.lincolncofair.com) by clicking on the Exhibitor tab. The handbook is in PDF format and can be printed off entirely or just the sections you are interested in.
2. Online entries are best! For more information and directions on entering online, please visit our website, www.lincolncofair.com and click on the Exhibitors tab. When entering on line, you will receive 2 emails. One stating that you have created an account, and another one stating that your entries have been submitted. If you do NOT receive the second email, it means you DID NOT hit the submit button at the bottom of entry process and you are not entered. The second email will show a list of what you entered.
3. If you need to use a printed entry form they can be picked up at the UW-Extension office. You will need to make a copy, if you want one, before you hand it in, you will not get a copy back with your entry tags.
4. Entries will need to be submitted, (or postmarked, or dropped off) by July 15, 2018. (NOTE July 15th is a Sunday, plan accordingly). If mailing send to: Lincoln County Fair, PO Box 921, Merrill WI 5445
5. Junior Division exhibitor must enter Junior Department if one exists for their projects. Junior exhibitors may only enter Open Division if there is no Junior Department (i.e. Open Antiques) or if they were not enrolled as a 4-H member by the 4-H enrollment deadlines.
6. Each year there are some changes to the departments, general information, judging times etc. Please be sure to review these sections to be certain you have the correct information.
If you have questions on the fair entry process or any questions on the handbook, please contact Cindi Christiansen at (715) 218-7649. The Lincoln County Fair thanks you for your continued support and looks forward to a great 130th Fair.
If you are interested in learning more about 4-H or want to get involved in Lincoln County 4-H, please feel free to contact the UW-Extension office at (715) 539-1072 or visit our website at http://lincoln.uwex.edu/. Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development is a program of the University of Wisconsin-Extension, Cooperative Extension in partnership with local, state and federal government in each Wisconsin county.