Town of Birch garage destroyed by fire
On Thursday morning at approximately 9:04 a.m. the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office was advised of a garage fire in the town of Birch, near Hwy. 51 and Cty. V. The attached garage was a total loss and the residence sustained significant damage.
According to a statement from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, it is believed that a propane heater being used in a remodeling project in a room above the garage started the fire.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, Russell Fire Department, Merrill Fire Department, Tomahawk Fire Department and WPS responded.