Firefighters extinguish mattress fire

On April 28 at approximately 4:43 a.m., the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office dispatch received a call of a structure fire at W7318 Hwy. 86 in the town of Tomahawk. The fire started in a mattress in a bedroom on the second floor and was contained to the bedroom. Tomahawk Fire Department stated the cause of the fire was an un-extinguished cigarette.
Firefighters pulled the mattress from the residence and put water on it. There was minimal smoke and water damage to the residence. No injuries were reported.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top